Slattery Corporate Environmental Policy
We are committed to conducting business in a sustainable manner and strive to regularly identify, review and assess the environmental impacts of our business operations and to assist our clients in reducing the environmental impact of their projects.
Slattery has operated a Greenhouse Gas Emissions Inventory in line with ISO 14064 since 2008. This assists us in targeting reductions in our business emissions per employee.
We are currently developing an Environmental Management System (EMS) in line with ISO 14001.
Slattery will target continuous improvement to minimise the environmental impact of our business by implementing the following measures:
- Identification and adoption of office energy efficiency management practices and technologies
- A company car share scheme for Victorian and NSW business use
- Support of staff cycling to work including the provision of shower and changing facilities
- Adoption of inter-office video conferencing where possible to minimise air travel
- Minimisation of office paper usage through double-sided printing and usage benchmarking
- Recycling of office paper and waste
- Review of the environmental credentials of office consumables with priority given to
- Good Environmental Choice Australia (GECA) certified products
- Education of our staff in improved environmental practice and project work Integration of sustainability into our project services and deliverables
This policy is subject to regular review and has the full support of Slattery's Directors and staff.